View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
2005 Blues
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: ANC -11 FO

Our current CBA (at least I can't find it anywhere) doesn't define the type of flying that will be done in these FDA's. Para 1.B.2 defines "International Flying" as: all Company flights which originate from, terminate in or transit the U.S. or its territories via a location outside the contiguous 48 states. International flights also include all flights conducted by any pilots on the Federal Express Master Seniority List assigned to Foreign Duty Assignment ("FDA"), or Special International Bid Award ("SIBA"). This seems pretty cut and dried to me. For the LOA to strengthen this, I would expect to read somewhere in it a further definition to include all extra-territorial flying in aircraft over 60,000# as "International Flying as defined in the CBA" or something to that affect. But there's nothing in there. The MEC Majority Opinion does state "Less tangible, but equally important, is that this agreement incrementally strengthens the commitment of our company to the use of Fedex pilots to fly Fedex freight in other countries." But it doesn't state how it does this. Maybe somehow just the act of having an LOA does it for us? Anyone?