View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:09 PM
plasticpi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Default PIT USAir Express ground crews

Who actually employs the ground and gate personnel for USAir Express flights out of PIT? I don't know what their deal is, but none of them seem to have any concern for their job at all. 90% of the time we have to stop short of the gate and wait for at least a couple minutes before anybody shows up, and when they do, they casually wander around gathering carts and batons and chocks and then just kinda meander up to marshal us in, meanwhile we're chomping at the bit to get our close connects off, and the poor FA in the back is battling everybody trying to get up, etc.

The gate agents will just leave the gate before their relief comes, and not communicate anything to the next person. Last night we told our gate agent we were ready to board, and apparently that was her cue to go home. The next gate agent wasn't told anything, and 5 minutes prior to our planned departure, I went back inside to see what was going on, and she just looked at me and said "Are you guys ready?" So, we took a delay for it.

There's just generally no sense of urgency or morale with any of them... anyone know what the deal is?