Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 06:37 AM
CaptCoolHand
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by Ditka View Post
Eh. I'm not sure that it'll be that large of an improvement.
Pros:
SWA: No PBS, opportunity to work extra, larger route structure, AWESOME healthcare and dental plans (350$ a month-or 0 a month with one of their plans), good culture
JB: quick upgrade, good culture

Cons: SWA-not Herb's airline anymore-that really isn't a con
Longer upgrade
Cons JB: less pay, not good health benefits, not good for commuting from my location, no CBA

Anymore to add?
I don't know how long it takes to get mco at SWA, but you'll be in a Florida base at jetblue in two years or less.
The cba will come ... eventually. With that more pay. Also there's plenty of opportunity to do extra flying here if that's your thing.

I wouldn't base your decision on "culture" to go to either place. I guarantee your perception and reality are vastly different. Jmho.

Also, not sure how he health care adds up next to each other, but a good friend of mine is nearly bankrupt after his wife's breast cancer through the SWA plan.

SWA has a large route structure, but is relatively stagnant. Jetblue is taking another 90+ hulls until 2022. There may be some lease returns but that's over 30% expansion over our current size.

Good luck on your decision, sounds like you've already made your choice though!

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
That's a valid concern. I'd go with whatever one got you into class soonest, if all else was equal.
This every time!

Forgot this little gem, but as a south fla boy, you'll never have to commute to Lgb or lax if you don't choose to. You may get oak or las out of the gate at SWA... Something to consider.

Last edited by CaptCoolHand; 12-09-2015 at 06:51 AM.