Thread: Sun Country
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 05:33 PM
beech1980
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by ATOflyer View Post
Any latest news on hiring and growth? Are schedules still mostly constructed as day trips? Still preference given to MSP locals? Is commuting still frowned upon by the company?

I don't have ties to the Midwest, but am genuinely curious with the TA and the future of Sun Country. I've always heard great things about your pilot group and would like to learn more and get perspectives from those currently working for the company.

Thank you!
No official news from the company. Rumors are 3-5 planes in 2016. Some rumors of 35-50 planes in 5 years.... Take it for what its worth. We have 20 now.
There are day trips. There are more 12-13 day off muti day trips than turns for most of the year. The big months for turns is December- April.
I don't think they really care where you live. They have hired commuters since day one. It's your job to get to work.
If you commute you might want the multi day trips and not the day turns. Me being a local I prefer the day trips.
I would apply and go to a job fair. I think they were just at the FAPA and Aero crew solutions fair last month.
The new contract has really helped their efforts in getting applicants.