Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 07:24 AM
3downandchecked
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: KC-135IP

[QUOTE=Albief15;2025558] I don't know what it takes to get called, but anecdotally there were about a dozen guys with 76 experience in the app file who said they'd go to Hong Kong. All were apparently interviewed, and most hired. If FedEx was my long term dream job I'd run, not walk to Ryan or Atlas to get some 75/76 experience and check the "yes" to FDA block on the apps.
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
The GPA and finishing a degree in +/- 4 years is a shrink target for successful folks. My point was when they get desperate for -67 or -11 time, those categories on the app seem to be more important than the GPA, location of degree, or prior military experience. That is all...

FWIW...I am NOT espousing any of these criteria as a good way to do business. I am just throwing out what I have seen anecdotally. What is that line: "Mongo just a pawn in the game of life?" I'm not trying to steer the hiring, just reacting to what I see and passing it on...
Albie thanks for the insight. You give solid advice--thank you for the time and thought you put into your responses. So here's my situation...I'm currently the Chief of Stan/Eval in a tanker (KC-135) guard unit. I work full time as an ART. I have checked the boxes of degree (MBA), high GPA, and heavy overwater experience. I want to earn my spot as a FedEx pilot but I'm unsure how best to do it. Would you suggest leaving my job as an ART to go to Atlas or another operator to get the 75/76 type or would you continue to build your resume on the ART side of things? The airlines are my ultimate goal. FedEx is certainly at the top of the list. Thanks for the help.