View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 06:13 AM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
This subject came up in an APA Hotline last year, and I got to talk to one of my base reps F2F about it. From the "interviews and class dates" thread:

When telling my LAA rep my concerns, his exact words were: "what do you care, you're going to have a great career anyway." Now, to be honest, I actually like him, although this pi$$d me off. This has received some pushback from LAA new hires, as we are no longer probies and are sending in soundoffs. I have a good friend who is close to someone on the NC, and was told flat out "the company doesn't want to backdate the OCC date for LAA new hires as it would cost them 'too much.' They are 'working' on a solution, not only to the mixed classes, but also all preceding classes as LUS started on Mondays and LAA started on Tuesdays. My guess, from my veeeerrrry limited third person knowledge is a 2.5:1 or 2:1 LAA:LUS ratio for seniority, based loosely on the overall ratio of LAA:LUS hires during that time period. I have NOT seen that proposal anywhere in anything official though, so - grain of salt. Would I like straight DOH for all new hires after the DEC 13 merger announcement - yes. It's not the DOH v. OCC date that's a concern (yes the two months of pay inequality for 12 years blows), its that the APA and Company had plenty of time to figure this out, and punted. Merging this after the fact is gonna be a cluster. Regardless, like Jetwash said, "someone's gonna get screwed."
Wow, sometimes when I read the AA threads, it's like AA mgmt just invents ways to divide or keep the pilots divided as a group and at odds within themselves.