View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 07:03 AM
madeinUSA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by BATOL View Post
I'm in favor of the TA. Getting new hires in the door is good for everybody. Getting more airplanes is good for everybody. If you're upset that they aren't just brining back the JCBA, add $25.55 to your hourly rate and see if that is more than your old JCBA rate. It certainly is for me! Guarantee is 900 hours/ year. $23,000/900=$25.55.

Delta is investing in us and our success. I'm not willing to just carte Blanche give them anything they want, but if we fight every step of the way we really WILL end up like Comair. Take the TA for now and it will establish baselines that our next contract negotiations will have to meet or exceed.
Delta is investing in Endeavor in order to buffer the effects on their regional system as they get as many 717s and eventually e190s to create their own feed. If you have gotten turned down by every major carrier and are destined to be a regional pilot I can understand digging your feet in, now is the best time to do it. Otherwise, you are in the best position a pilot could ask for in 30+ years so be happy and keep your apps updated! Being bitter right now is just foolish.