View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Lufthansa
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Default Canadian licence

Originally Posted by BkkPilot View Post
Does anybody know if a limitation on my foreign (from Canada) license (FAA or other) transfer to the TCCA license? I have a "Circle To Land - VMC Only" limitation - will that also transfer onto my TCCA license?
Transport Canada will not accept a type rating with "VMC Only limitation". You would have to remove it from the FAA certificate for Transport Canada to add "that specific type rating", to your new Canadian licence. As Transport Canada requires the pilot applicants to complete a circle to land maneuver when conducting a Canadian type rating flight test in a simulator or aircraft.

Also note that...
If you have experience in any turbine aircraft that wouldn't qualify on an FAA certificate as a type rating (example...CE208 Caravan, BE-99, BE-200, etc. which is less than 12,500 lbs.
If you have training records from Flight Safety or Simulfite which documents training in a CE208 Caravan or Beech Kingair, or any other turbine aircraft, then you could have those aircraft placed on your Canadian licence as a type rating.

Canada requires type ratings in all turbine aircraft regardless of weight.

Queens English...licence.