View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 11:38 AM
Yumyum
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo

Originally Posted by BATOL View Post
Your attitude and level of ignorance undermines any credible input you may have had in the conversation surrounding this TA.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. You are not an 11 year guy. You are a 6 year guy. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING moved in this industry for 5 years due to the age 65 change. So everybody at the regional level has to subtract 5 from their seniority for a realistic point of reference. Yes it sucks that we (myself included) got stuck in the worst possible (lowest paid) position in the industry for that 5 years, but we did. It is not Delta's fault, Endeavor's, Pinnacles, Mesaba's, Colgan's, or yours. It is just the way it happened.

Now, if you would like to NOT be on reserve, than the only way that will happen is with growth and/or movement. This TA will allow both, and I suspect we'll find out the specifics of the growth AFTER the vote is cast, or should I say, after the TA passes assuming it does. If it doesn't, who knows, we may not hear anything. They've eluded to the growth plans, and already committed to growth in the 200 fleet. If I had to wager a guess, I'd bet there's something in the works for two class airplanes too. They've stated they want to hire 60/month. We've been losing an average of one pilot/day or 30/month so 30 of those new hires would be for attrition. Our staffing model is 8-10 pilots/hull so the other 30 would allow them to bring 3-4 hulls online per month for the entire year. Just my $.02.

There IS something in this package for everybody, and after this TA the vast majority of us will be better off financially than with the JCBA and we WILL be better off in terms of QOL, reserve, and commutability. Those clamoring for dumping all this stuff and just brining back the JCBA must realize two things 1) that is not an offer on the table, and 2) that would result in a sizable pay CUT for most of us. So lets drop it and move forward.
Nope! eleven year guy regardless of your math. Don't preach stagnation to me. My vote is NO! If you think for one second this company isn't capable of returning our old JBCA or better, you're ignorant. RECORD PROFITS + REGIONAL PILOT SHORTAGE... the ingredients for success. Don't bendover again.