View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Cruz5350
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by Phteven View Post
Profitably is probably a better choice of words than easily. I imagine SEA-YYJ/EAT/YKM/PSC, PDX-RDM/EUG for example would not be cheap on a 175. Plus turn times from boarding an airplane through one door that doesn't have airstairs. Add to that any airport where we regularly use Cat III or RNP.

I don't want to sound like a Q400 fan, it has certainly been a troublemaker. My point is, these are historically not the circumstances that would suggest we are being shown the door. We're talking about an awful lot of risk and expense to AAG to replace us for comparatively minimal gain.

Horizon costs are already becoming more in line with the rest of the industry simply because we're not looking at any contractual improvements.
I'm probably the biggest Q400 dork there is, but you'd be surprised at how efficient the 175 is coupled with the fact that there's now first class and you can probably almost break even profit wise if you just strictly compare fuel burns. There is definitely city pairs that wont work for the 175 like EAT, but the others listed I could easily see on the jet and while they'll never be CAT III there is a push for RNP at SkyWest. Anyways just food for thought and was curious as to what your thoughts were on it.