Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Avroman , 12-15-2015 09:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2008
  • Position
    FIRE ALPA
Quote: If you look back even further, there were guys who had to to pay for their training after getting hired by a regional.

We've gone from having to pay for your own training after getting hired > not having to pay for your training (not getting paid for training) > getting paid for your training > getting paid for your training as well as a completion bonus.

Sure you can look back at all the negatives and try to conservatively plan on more negatives to come, but you've got to admit, in recent years (the last 2-4 years in the quick changing regional world) there have been more positives than negatives.
I agree, things have slowly been moving in an overall positive direction lately. And I hope it continues. My point is to prepare for the next down turn.... It's coming. There are constant cycles in this type of economy. Yes things seem great now, at some point things stop, if not reverse some. Prepare and negotiate to protect against those reversal times, not just the good ones. Once again, there are some nice things for lineholders, meanwhile reserves are once again fed the line of "you won't be on reserve long"... sorry I (and several others have) PROVE B.S. there. Will that reserve time shrink? Hopefully, but what happens in the next down cycle? Perhaps a few of those "short reserve time" guys find themselves back on reserve for who knows how long... Well, now it might be nice to get paid some credit for an unused reserve day (since your sitting 800 miles from home in a dump crashpad in NY anyway) It might be nice to be able to pick up that 3 day in open time except day 3 is day 1 of your next reserve stretch, or maybe that 3 day is days 2-4 and commutable home but nope can't pref trips here, so enjoy 2 days of ready reserve followed by a late turn that is too late to commute home from. Heck, don't want to pay for reserve days, then bring back long call so if you have no flying, then you can at least stay home instead of wasting an "unpaid look back day off" in a NY (or DTW or MSP) dump.