View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 05:17 AM
StrangeBrew
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Ok, most of this stuff is making me feel a lot better about starting next month. Next step (should I get that far...not taking anything for granted), is to learn how best to manage reserve and commuting!

I drive to work now, M-F, 8-6 (1 hour drive, too) and mostly have weekends off, so you might think I'm nuts...but I'll say this. It's 8-9 days off a month, gone dark to dark so I'm hardly home anyway, with no prospect of gaining seniority for a better schedule. I've never had 15 or 17 days off a month, so even if I commute on days off, i'll eventually come out ahead still. Yes I'm sure it's stressful, hoping to get on flights (I'm hoping for BOS-NYC at some point), but my approach is "it's not about me"...people are counting on me to get them places, and I need to make that happen. It's my job, so I need to do what I can to accomplish it. It's a pretty sweet deal that I can even have the option of commuting and not uprooting where I've been for 20 years, so there's that side of the coin. I plan on asking knowledgeable people for advice and making the best of it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk