Old 12-17-2015, 06:23 AM
rvr1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by F9 Driver View Post
We've got the lowest rates in the industry. It's a fact too. We just came through bankruptcy without a single work rule touched, but that's for another discussion.

The only reason I chime in is to point out that the peer group you use in contract negotiations is NEGOTIATED. The company says "Spirit and Frontier" and ALPA had best say "American and SWA". Eventually you meet in the middle somewhere.

That the ugly house down the block exists and affects your property value may be a fact, but they may scrape it and build one that makes yours look like a POS.

It is all a big cycle that's been going on for years. The difference seems to be the public forums for venting, the age 65 rule having recently stalled so many plans (you were warned not to bet your mortgages on) and the entitled mentality so pervasive in every facet of today's society.

Rant over. Good luck with your contract!
Great post. I agree with everything you said.

I didn't post my comment with the intention of making this a Jetblue vs spirit argument. We have our own problems that we're trying to fix with our first ALPA contract. I only pointed that out because Smails and Rainbows came on here attacking the OP and telling him to "just quit". That's such a juvenile argument I felt I had to speak up.