Thread: SWA or AA
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 02:45 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
I am really afraid that we are too late to the party in FLL.

Both Spirit and JetBlue have impressive operations there. We can't compete with Spirit on price. We can't compete with jetBlue on product/service. Plus, jetBlue serves every piece of sand with a runway, we will be trying to build market share from scratch with depressed yields due to the competition.

That's not going to stop us from running the "late-hundred" out of there in droves and connecting pax from parts unknown that aren't served by either one of those airlines. I am sure both of those airlines are crushing it there, but neither one of them have a fraction of our domestic reach and ability to take someone in Lubbock and sell one ticket to get them to that same sandy beach on good old Southwestern, the airline they know and love. Besides, what we lack in customer service, amenities, and price we make up for in advertising and marketing, and that's all that really matters anyway, amirite? Transfarency bro!
We have carved a pretty good niche out at FLL and last time I went there for some epenadas and cafe con leche, which was about 3 days ago, the place was a zoo full of happy, sunburned, paying customers.