View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 PM
HKFlyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Default Booked in Business over 16 hours.

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
I hope I'm wrong about this a Rock, but unfortunately I really don't think I am. Rather than relying on any screeching, I simply read the actual language in both sections. This statement contains universal language clearly designed to override any subsequent language in this section of the contract.

Regardless of a passenger carrier’s nomenclature or hierarchy for classes of service, a Flat Bed Seat satisfies the higher class of service requirements set forth in this Section.

Since ANY seat other than coach is a result of "higher class of service requirements".....and

Since a flat bed seat now satisfies those requirements....and

Since this statement removes ANY significance we might assign to the "nomenclature or hierarchy" of a particular seat (i.e. First class or Business class).....

Therefore, the language related to the list of priorities for seating on a 16 hour duty day deadhead transferred from the old contract to the new CBA has effectively been nullified unless a flat bed seat is only available in first class.

I know there are deadheads to HKG via DFW (+16 hours of duty) which will fall under this provision in the January 777 bid pack, maybe in December as well. Maybe an APCer will get one and should be able to settle this question pretty quickly.
I was booked in business with bank reflecting only business fare. The lie flat seat booking in business was legal, however the bank needed to be first class value. The block is 17:05. DFW to HKG.

Called Corp travel. They booked me in first and agreed I should have the first. Bottom line is over 16, you rate first. They can book in business but bank must reflect first, and they will book you first if available on your flight. It was, so I got it. More importantly my bank was changed to reflect the first class ticket regardless.

Until you hit 16 hours, it can be a business class bank.

Good luck.