View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 05:34 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

OK....I thought you you were saying the 'they' was the independent investigation's discovery.

Did the NTSB report not say that there was a loss of engine power caused by a "turbine wheel failure"? This would seem to be pretty easy to confirm.

This explanation makes it nice and tidy for the employer to have no responsibility for putting my son in an aircraft that had too many hours on the engine.
You are making an accusation that the NTSB actually fabricated a false report so that MartinAire might be found not at fault or that maintenance would not be causal to the mishap?
Did the NTSB find evidence of falsified maintenance logs for this aircraft to prove that the engine had been operating past its' limitations?

It seems to me that you believe that it can be ONLY Spatial D or a maintenance failure. Incredibly few mishaps have but a single causal factor. Not a NTSB investigated mishap, but once in my personal experience an accident investigation board cited Spatial D as a probable cause in a mishap of a F/A-18D just off Charleston, SC. The burn to me was that they had absolutely no proof of anything! The aircraft was on radar at 10,000' one sweep and gone the next. No piece of wreckage, nor even evidence of a mishap, was ever found, yet the board went into some detail about how Spatial D affected this crew of two.