View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
My lawyer is going to file an appeal to the NTSB to look at the new evidence and change their conclusion that my son got spatial disorientation.
If the NTSB thinks the new evidence is creditable, then they'll include it and change their probable cause. They have no dog in the fight either way, except to determine the most accurate probable cause. I'm in the accident investigation business too and one thing that people seem to have a hard time understanding is that humans make mistakes. All humans, whether it's the ones designing an airplane, or making it at the factory, or flying it. Not because any one of these people is "screwing off" or anything, but because as humans, we miss pieces of information, we don't process all information correctly, we don't react correctly every time, and so on. If human error is the probable cause, it doesn't mean the person was intentionally trying to have an accident or shouldn't have been a pilot due to gross incompetence, it means that on specific day at that time, all of the factors present exceeded the human capability to react correctly. I'd be lying if I said that I can react correctly 100% of the time. We want to know when this happens so we can design systems and processes that will keep it from happening in the future. I'm sorry for your loss too.