View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:04 AM
Tomcat0232
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Tacos View Post
Going to have to agree with the Nevets. Upgrade time is consideration number 1 for regionals. No one is going to choose to come here with a 9 yr upgrade even if we have the best first year pay. Nobody comes here to make this a career. They may end up here but it is not their goal.

Look at GoJet. The place was flooded when their upgrade times plummeted. Despite the horrible pay and work rules. TSA, PSA, ... I mean how else did Great Lakes survive? It's all about upgrade time. That's it.

After that, all things equal, it's domicile, and then FIRST year pay. Nobody ever really looks into the other parts of contract when getting a regional job. They should but don't.
I worked at Transstates and came to Expressjet to not have to commute, bc I live in domicile, which to me is priority number 1. You saying horrible work rules and pay there, I think you are very misinformed. You certainly don't know what your talking about, TSA's contract matches ours and in some areas especially reserve rules it's much better. Pay for FO's exceeds Express jet. Great Lakes now has higher first year pay. Upgrade is important but it's not even in my top 3 of concerns, you don't need an upgrade to get to the majors but you do have to be alive and not starve to death on low pay. I got a 3 year plan here and don't plan on leaving at least to that mark (no lateral move). I do like the company (Expressjet) it is a better place to work in many ways, but don't drink the "our contract is the greatest ever" kool aid bc honestly it's average now and when you take pay into account were woefully behind.