View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Chris Knight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by N19906 View Post
Thanks guys!
I'd still I'd like to hear any comments on the other two if anyone has them.
(PS: yeah, I want AS; I've got a lot of time invested here, and it's not about the money anymore.)
With all the hiring AS has done this year, more people are getting on board that are thinking of jumping. I just heard of a probation pilot who bailed several weeks ago for UAL. I know at least three other pilots hired this year who have their apps out.

They pretty much say the same thing.. That this is their dream job, best place to work, people here are happy... BUT, with thirty-some years left in their career, a job at one of the legacies will pay a lot more, and with overall better work rules. Perhaps the option of wide body flying and Int'l long haul is included in that thought process as well.

I think that at this point in the industry, it's natural to consider other options, considering all the potential seniority growth and significantly higher pay at the Big Three. I compared the pay rates on the 737 between AS and UAL/DAL. CA pay at year 12 at the moment is close. But with UAL looking at a possible 15-20% raise, with even higher rates for w/b flying, I think people are feeling like they should make the jump, despite the positive and unique work culture at AS.

Last I heard, AS has four thousand applications in. Doesn't seem like a supply and demand issue, but I believe the changing climate of the industry will place increased pressure on AS to make some contractual/scope?/pay increases for the better.