Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 PM
LRSRanger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Default Ameriflight

I did 99 upgrade training for two people who took off within 6 months of passing the 99 checkride, and I know 2 of the initial hire 99 guys from Indoc that punched out within 6 months of their seniority date, and nobody is chasing them down for the remaining contract. Come in, get that initial turbine time, and leave when you get a better offer. They were all given king airs and starting pay in the 60's with their 3 or 4 months of 99 experience.

I quit last month with 11 months with the company and my only regret is that I stayed as long as I did. First month after quitting AMF and I've worked 3 days a week on average (some days half days) and I'm close to doubling my AMF take home pay this month. And the month isn't even done yet. Nice planes, excellent pay, and best of all I'm respected and valued by the clients I work for. The folks I flew for yesterday felt bad they showed up 30 minutes late and threw me an extra $100. $500 bucks to fly 2 50 minute VFR legs and catch a movie and lunch at the Olive Garden in between.

If I was still at AMF I would be driving till midnight tonight to get back to my family outstation, and then leaving at 2AM on the 26th to make it back to the plane. You folks can check mark "will not hire" all you want, I miss AMF like I would miss a hemorrhoid. Even my final paycheck was a slap in the face. Apparently they tagged one of the 2 sick days I took in a year as Vacation, so my finial check was light. I called HR, she told me she would "research it" and I haven't heard back for 2 weeks. They can keep it, it's just not worth the BS anymore for one days pay. God I'm glad I'm done with that place.

There's awesome opportunities out there if you have half a personality and network; it truly is a great time to be a pilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by LRSRanger; 12-24-2015 at 07:55 PM.