Old 12-26-2015, 07:59 AM
flynhighaf23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Not looking to make a career out of it, however, between a mortgage payment amongst other bills the extra $1000/mo after taxes would really help out. The difference in flight hours would put me back maybe 6 months, so I'm not really too concerned with that. I completely understand the whole short term vs. long term pay about it also... Yea if I get to an airline 6 months sooner that's upgrade time, pay, seniority, etc. (assuming that's the route I chose to take), however, financial freedom in the mean time at this point in my life has become a bit of a priority.

If anything I'm really just looking for any insight/information on the company and job itself prior to making the jump so I have a better idea of what to expect. Whether or not I should make a lateral move from one CFI job to another isn't necessarily the debate at hand... Because I know it's not the best career move especially if one is trying to simply build hours and move up to larger aircraft, again however, making ends meet by any means necessary for today trumps chasing big aircraft/dream job. Besides, it's not like I won't be getting flight hours still, I'll just be getting fewer and be doing it for a slightly longer time frame.