View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 01:45 PM
WIPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by SqueeG View Post
I'm a 135er exploring making the jump to the 121 world.

I've seen a lot of questions/answers about pay, reserve/upgrade times, bases, flow, QOL, etc. Great things are happening in the regional world (or else I wouldn't be looking). However, from all I can tell there is a given assumption that nothing bad will happen to the economy that would negatively affect regional employment in the near term.

That said, I've never seen this question asked/answered, so here goes....

IF
you felt the risk was fairly high that the economy was going to take a hit in the near future and there was a risk of getting furloughed because of your low seniority, what regional would you go to? What regional is likely to best weather an economic downturn and recover from it the fastest?

Obviously, good pay, upgrade times, etc. means squat if one is sitting on furlough. Also, please understand I'm not trying to rain on anyone's good-times, I just want to take the worst-case scenario into consideration as I evaluate all the present job opportunities out there. Thanks.
As implied by the sarcasm above, there is no right answer to this question. Some might be better than others...but in the regional world the tallest blade of grass seems to get cut first.