Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 10:10 PM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Wow. I guess I'll spell out the obvious for you. The insinuation that you made that they were descending using FMC Speed. There are alternatives; perhaps they were using one of them and thusly exceeded 250kts below 10,000ft.

Is that clear now?
Gee PC... I don't how to thank you. After 27 years of FMC Speed and MCP Speed, now its all clear to me!

Gosh I'll remember not to fiddle with the default 240/10000 thing on either the Cimb or Descent pages unless non U.S. ATCs assign free speed or requests high speed below ten.

There's the possibility the crew used the default setting of 240/10,000 or 250/10,000 selected on the Descent Page while using V/S resulting in the loss of Speed Protection.

Since you hadn't figured it our about my post on the matter, PotatoChip, I was invoking a bit of sarcasm. Read the definition SPELLED out for you.

Sarcasm. 1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain. 2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individualb : the use or language of sarcasm.

All the best and Happy New Year!

Last edited by captjns; 12-29-2015 at 10:27 PM.