View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 04:27 PM
flying_wendell
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by flying_wendell
I'm on a three day GS as a reserve. I'm going to have a domicile layover tonight. Typically reserves are off of the trip following a domicile layover. Am I still removed from the trip even when on a GS? If they want me to fly tomorrow, but I don't want to fly, do I have to do so after a domicile layover on reserve while on a GS? Thanks.
Originally Posted by index
Was the domicile layover on the original rotation or was it added due to a reroute? I'm not sure it matters in your case. Since it's a GS, rather than a reserve assignment, I don't believe you are going to be removed in domicile.
The domicile layover was not part of the original rotation. As it turned out, you do get removed from the trip as a reserve when a domicile layover occurs even if you are on a GS. Turned out to be a good deal for me, apart from the 12 hour rolling maintenance delay which finally ended in a canceled flight and another overnight in MIA. But because they had planned for me to have a domicile layover, and thus be removed from the trip, they reassigned the Austin penalty lap (via another GS) to someone else. So I just flew an empty plane back in the morning and went home