Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 10:09 AM
doctorwho
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by cinnamon sailor View Post
I believe his name has since been edited. So everyone can take a chill pill now, and pull their panties out of their bung hole. Btw no one seemed to care that A.B. was named in several forums!
Unfortunately, editing it in the original post doesn't pull it out of any replies quoting that post nor a search through an internet history system like the wayback engine. Quotes don't get automatically updated in forums when the original post is updated since the quote becomes text in the new post, not an active link.

As far as AB is concerned, there was an objection to calling her out by name as well. Same as this case, some folks objected to the call out by name, others didn't care. Suspect those that didn't care won't change their minds until it happens to them...

Personally, I find that the discourse on forums that require people to use their real names (places like Beechtalk come to mind) have far more civil discourse than what happens sometimes on APC. Not everyone is an issue, but there certainly are some people on this (and other) anonymous forums who really seem to push the limits of what most of us (or at least me, since I can't speak for others) find appropriate.