View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 06:48 AM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
I would put a little more value in this data than in RW's predictions, with the exception of the total pilot staffing chart. I don't think Envoy is going to be able to retain 360 new hires for the year. I also believe that if the company were to offer more money, it wouldn't be for pilots already on property. They will try to entice more new hires with some sort of creative stepped bonus plan. The point being, there is absolutely no reason to come to envoy right now, unless you want to live in DFW or ORD, possibly...? There are other carriers that have bases in those locations offering shorter upgrade times with better QOL. We need to have some serious attrition for the QOL of life to get better for our own pilots. This flying 68 hour average hard line value and having 45% of your ENTIRE pilot group on reserve is RIDICULOUS! This just shows how overstaffed we have been and that the company should've furloughed. Unfortunately that would've activated the 100% flow to AA clause, something obviously AA did not want. I can see how reserve might be attractive for you if you are senior enough on reserve and want to get paid 75 hours a month for not working. This is a terrible organization to work for, they enjoy blowing smoke up the a$$#$$ of the pilot group and then laughing at them behind closed doors. Make no mistake, the management here absolutely despises their labor force. Very evident with the number of disciplinary terminations, constant contractual abuse, paired with the "fly it and grieve it," attitude.

I don't know how many times, or how many ways one could tell potential new hires to:

"STAY AWAY FROM ENVOY AIRLINES! YOU WILL HATE AND LOATHE YOURSELF FOR WORKING HERE!"

but I guess some people just have to learn the hard way...
2.5 years into my Envoy stint, these are my sentiments exactly. The company is totally against the pilot group and will go out of their way to make your life miserable. The flow is BS. Yes, there are people flowing now but it's just until they get the 824 out the door and Envoy is "right sized." The flow will slow or stop and the company will flat out say grieve it.

There is no reason to consider Envoy. Poster above has it right. Stay Away From ENVOY.