View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:04 AM
QuagmireGiggity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Reverse Cowgirl

Originally Posted by audioflyer View Post
Could someone please explain how the satellite bases work? I'm a complete newb. For example, could I live at BWI and work out of DCA?

I'm coming over from the military and am just starting to figure things out. Thanks for your patience.
I think you're base would be DC and if you're seniority can hold it you can bid trips that start finish at the Satellite of BWI.

Home base is a four part bid status where the people in SFO are domiciled in SFO.

People domiciled in New York can bid EWR trips. They are not based in EWR they can bid for EWR monthly trips if they can hold it. Reserves in New York are required to cover any New York airport: JFK, EWR or LGA.

SFO is closing because they said the cancelation rate is too high. The contract also says in order to keep the Satellite going is must use no more than 5% of the main bases reserves. Not sure if it went over that.

FAs have a few Home bases where I suppose they volunteer enough to get all flying covered because they know if they don't their base may close. So it makes me wonder if the SFO pilots were not answering their phones or if there really just isn't enough there to get the coverage needed. There were only 32 pilots in SFO... All 737.