Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 05:05 PM
saxman66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Pilot

Originally Posted by Texraid View Post
Gentlemen and Ladies as the case may be, I'm sure you get your share of trolls, however, I am not one.
I simply posted because I thought I had something to add to your site. I, like many of you I'm sure, visit other forums of your interest. Aviation is just one of my interests and I have been around it for over 30 years. Through the '90s I was actively involved with Texas Raiders, Gulf Coast Wing, CAF as a full flying sponsor and turned my fair share of wrenches on her.
In regards to a news link, there was nothing locally and I doubt in Chicago either as the amount was $740 well below the $1000 limit for a felony.

I can always get a report if that will satisfy everyone. I have nothing to gain by falsifying the information I have posted. My intention was to contribute to your site in a meaningful and appropriate way.

If I have violated an inner sanctum then please forgive me.
Regards,
Art
I apologize for these fellow pilot's calling you out. I'll nominate them as TOTD. Some get a little butt-hurt if someone takes an interest in our profession and get offended when a non-pilot dare post on these public forums. Just because you aren't a pilot, doesn't mean you aren't welcome to lurk, and finally get a chance to submit your TOTD. I bet there are hundreds or thousands of non-pilot lurkers on this site. Even the media sometimes links to this site.

As for your original post. That pilot was definitely was a tool.

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
However, I'll nominate you as tool of the day for your FIRST post on a site you lurk on to be to discredit a pilot. I don't know whether the accused is guilty or innocent, but I think it is certainly a d!ck move to show up on a site and blast a guy. Thanks for contributing to our group in a "meaningful and appropriate way".

It sounds like the pilot in question may have been a tool... But the guy not in the profession that immediately posts on our board without any evidence whatsoever is a much bigger one.
Not to nit pick, but isn't this entire thread dedicated to blasting pilots (and others) for being tools? None of the other stories have any evidence either.