Old 01-04-2016, 05:20 AM
mrjiggs287
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Learnin' the 121 ropes

Sorry all, been off-line for a bit with a trip and some other stuff. Thanks to all who responded. I noticed some questions about my hours. They may seem a little off based on different communities in the military. To put that question to rest...1) I was prior enlisted and retired with 20 years total. 2) I flew B-52s...the average hours per month are less that airlift and only a bit more than fighters 3) I had a 3 year staff tour during my officer career. So, I really only had about 13.5-14 years of actual flying. I know several B-52 guys hired with similar stats by DAL just last spring. For questions about the numbers not adding up, those that have military time know it takes a mathematical savant to figure out how much time we can claim in different categories. I kept my numbers vague for simplicity in this post.

I did not pay for a professional to look at my app. But, I had several buddies who did get hired look at it. They thought it look good and gave me pointers to make it better. Two of those guys did pay professionals to look at their apps before they got hired. They remarked it was a waste of time and money.

I am still trying to get an appointment with a flight doc. It sounds like the key to this question is your age. If you are over 40 renew and update the apps every 6 months for sure. I am not sure about the under 40 crowd, but, it is still a valid First class for a full year according the the FAA...as for airline apps and PC, who knows???

Once again, thanks to all who replied. I am just going to keep plugging away, stay patient and prepared while making sure I keep up with the apps a little more closely.

Cheers,
Mrjiggs287