View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 10:15 AM
fdxmd11fo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Okay Carlos for your 3 points

1.You will let the company divide us up into groups as opposed to a loa for the whole 4800 of us. At the 2 hub turns I have been to it was said that the company wants a specfic segment of the crew force to bid these.
Why did the union allow that to happen? What happened to "Leave no pilots behind"?

I don't expect the company to come back to the table with another offer, especially if we vote for this LOA, until we as a pilot force show MGT that we won't accept a sub-standard offer by not bidding it. As I have said before, If we accept this LOA then Fedex can send us weither we bid it or not via SVT.

2. What improvements in Scope? Show me where it improves our scope clause, the one that our union said was great 8 months ago.

3.If we are bargaining through our reps, this is just the final step. Using your logic we shoulden't even need to vote because we should just accept what our union tells us. Do you think it is reasonable for a 30 billion dollar company, trying to expand in the fastest growing market in the world, not share in the wealth being created by this expansion.

Our union has told us,

This LOA costs the company the same as a current saction 6 move.
Fedex is looking to make a killing in Asia and Europe.

Why should we give them 50% more availability than SIBA without getting any extra money for our additional work?

I still vote NO and will continue to press people to change there vote to NO.