View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
Hate to break it to you guys, but Amazon has been testing out the uber model for a while. I buy nearly everything online and have noticed Amazon trying a bunch of new things.

FedEx delivered one of my packages to a post office and had the USPS bring it to my door. Another time, UPS delivered it to a dry cleaners down the road from me and sent me an email telling me to pick it up myself. And finally, another time, a regular guy used his personal car to bring me a package. It was no big deal since I had all the tracking information, had the guys name, and could watch the guy get closer and closer. It was my choice to open the door or not.

In all of those cases, I don't recall ever selecting those delivery options. The best one was the regular guy delivering it to me. It was a pain seeing "delivered" status on the FedEx and UPS websites only to find out the package was not actually at my house.

No offense, but Amazon is preparing for the future and does not care the way older generations think delivery services should operate. Just like people who will hold on to their land lines until they die, certain people won't trust uber style deliveries. They will pay a couple bucks more and get their stuff a little later, but either way, Amazon gets paid.
And no offense, but not every idea by a Silicon Valley mastermind works. The penninsula is littered with abject failures of the wizards of smart surrounded by synophants telling them how brilliant they are. How many of us who flight instructed saw brilliant doctors and lawyers who couldn't even earn a private? They were dumbfounded they weren't the next Bob Hoover.

There's a lot more to what wonder boy Bezos thinks is his next resounding success than he or his groupies gets. Elon Musk had several massive failures and likely has dozens of IQ points on Jeffy.

To all you gushing fanbois hoping to fly for Jeff, let us all know how much he looks out for YOU as he builds his airline. Be sure and keep your resumes updated boys.