View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
I am going to frank here: Frontier is a great job! It is not however, at this stage, a career. Believe me I've anguished internally for a long time trying to convince myself otherwise, but lying to myself will not pay for my health care or take care of me in my old age.

Now it is true, sometimes a 'good job' is good enough, and for a variety of personal reasons, and in good company with many other F9 pilots, new and old, I'm prepared to live with whatever the outcome is here. I hope for the best, and will fight for it too. I want Frontier to be a career, maybe we can nudge it that way.

But if Frontier is truly weary of people not willing to give their lives to them, when it is clear they have no intention (at this stage) of providing them a career then reality has truly left the station. Frankly Aero, they're not that dumb!

This is business. They're not weary, they just see red ink when somebody leaves before they've paid for themselves. So they instruct their hiring board to try and filter out potential red ink. I don't blame them, and I don't take any of it personal. Again it's business.

Do you think they're shedding any tears when a Sr Captain up and quits to be replaced by you or me for 40K less a year?

I agree with F9 Driver's last post. We need to put the pie in the sky, emotion, and patriotic fervor in its proper compartment. These guys (and I'd probably do the same thing if I were in their shoes) have no intention of giving a millimeter on anything EVER! The days of smiles and handshakes, good faith, and good will are over, perhaps they are over everywhere. It's cold hard business now. We either grow up and assert ourselves within the legal framework available to us, or we get steamrolled.

I'm proud to be here. I love the new paint scheme. I'm giddy about flying my first 321. I'm happy complaints are down. I'm on board with the ULCC gamble. And I even like the new slimline seats! This is far and away the best job I've ever had.

There I said it. But what I won't do is confuse any of this with the fact that as a pilot group we are engaged in a dead serious business struggle that will require our best game face, commitment, and utter willingness to do whatever it takes legally to make Frontier a career.

If and when we become as shrewd as the company with respect to these business dealings then and only then will we have their respect, and only then will we get what we deserve. Because they're making a fortune, and they will negotiate.

It's all just business.

Very well put