Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:44 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I guess that's a positive attitude! I deadhead all the time, and have never heard a flight attendant come across so rude. I guess it was starting out with the long, loud, disgusted sigh that got my blood pressure going up.
Rest assured your life is probably a lot better than his if he has to have such negativity (and both of ours are better than a few commenters' here miserable existence!)

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Yeah, it was a pretty obnoxious comment. Usually I enjoy interacting with most passengers, aside from the ones who come out with the following comments while boarding. Since RJ cockpits are very close to the main cabin door, we get to hear probably more inane chatter during boarding than you mainline guys.

snip

But by FAR the one that got me the most angry was the following: A couple weeks after the Germanwings crash, I'm in the crew hotel in MEM waiting for the van. Two people with bags are waiting in the lobby for the same van. The husband turns to me and says "Are you a first officer?", to which I reply "Yes." And he says, "Well, I hope you're not depressed today."

Nitwits.
Don't be angry. People are nervous. They are trying to be funny. Just on Monday somebody asked me before operation "so how many beers did you have last night?"

I always smile and say something like "I'm not sure, I lost count after 14" or something like "oh no you can still smell it on me?" or "not as many as I had this morning", before reassuring them that I had no beers at all.

Just help the pax relax and let it roll off of ya.

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I'd be tempted to be ready with some sarcastic remarks. Like...

"As you obviously know, it's not the size that matters."

"Hey, I fly better when I'm drunk."

"Nah, I was planning on getting my nap during the landing."

"I am a little depressed, but at least I brought my gun".

Probably good I'm not flying passengers!
Great.

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Not that the kid with the laser isn't a royal tool, but have you read this guy's posts? He comes on a forum called AIRLINEPILOTcentral and starts bashing the FFDO program and making all kinds of ludicrous insinuations about something he's got no clue about and in fact a part of aviation than he has no experience with (part 121).

At least in my estimation that easily puts him into TOTD distinction.
LOL. Public policy has little to do with flying a plane, big guy. TSA's FFDO policy is not made by pilots.