Thread: what next?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Haywood JB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Who knows...waiting for a bid

I don't think they will be able to fill all the slots to CDG or HKG in the right seat. Even with the numbers of people wanting to come in off of the streets, I don't believe the company is ready to shell out the money to hire them. Especially if they think we are already overmanned. I believe, especially with the way the crew force is, the Capt seats in both domiciles will be filled. Now these folks may be stuck there for a long time to keep the capt seat, but they will probably run that risk. Now as for the right seats, I really don't see folks bidding a narrow body right seat to go to either base. Personally I would bid back to the slave ship in MEM than take the bus or 75 in CDG or HKG. The newer SO's want out of the seat, but I would venture to say, those numbers won't fill up the right seat bids.

The LOA has many pitfalls all around. The STV needs to go away! With that, I wouldn't recommend anyone to vote for this POS. If the company has to involuntarily send someone away, it should be cost negative for them, and positive to the individual.

If the threats are going to be promises, let the company open the domicile. They've said it can't be opened without the tax equalization, which we don't have in place. They flinched once with the change to STV, the union needs to take advantage and fix this. ALPA can come back to the company and simply say, we didn't poll the crew force, and from the meetings in the hub, the members have expressed their discontent, so we want to change this before it gets voted down.

I can say though, that evertime I fly, every hub I turn through, I am going to try to drum up as many folks as possible to vote NO.

HJB