Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:18 AM
MD80driver2day
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by eagleatr View Post
There's nothing really new or earth shattering in that article. It's all things I experienced in my time there. Circuit breakers not pulled according to MEL, MEL's applied that had nothing to do with the actual problem, or just the completely wrong MEL used.

Although my personal favorite MEL was MEL'ing the ART for excessive EGT on takeoff. This had nothing to do with what the problem was, and it made the EGT even hotter. Anyone remember the scale they used to have based on how high the EGT was? I think it was A, B, C, etc., and depending on how high it went you either continued on or had to return. Or the fact they said they would never have the ART on MEL for both engines at the same time, but routinely did? Good times.....

One of the many reasons why I left after almost 10 years.
Originally Posted by Vegaspilot View Post
Yeah, the ART MEL is ridiculous...they went from only one engine on that MEL to putting the MEL twice on a release for a system there was only one of. And if the plane was red stickered, MC control couldn't tell you which engine it was on the program if you asked.
You both do realize that was/is a P&W and Boeing approved program? Not just something the company hatched up....

If you think really hard about the engineering behind the ART system and the issues associated with a low EGT margin takeoff, the procedure actually becomes understandable.

In the end, they need to just replace the stinking blades much sooner and stop most of this garbage.