View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 07:54 PM
zondaracer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

I lived in Spain for a few years. First of all, to work in Spain or France you need EU citizenship or right to work. I got right to work through marriage of a European citizen.

Secondly, you'll need the EASA license. It took me a full year and close to $17,000 to do the license conversion.

Then you gotta find a job. Way more pilots than jobs. Many airline jobs will only hire EU citizens, but there are a couple that hire those with right to work. But there are way more pilots than jobs. Also, many of the airline jobs are hiring those with type ratings and time on type already. Also, many companies in Europe are charging up to €30,000 for type ratings and P2F is becoming quite common. You are much better off staying in the US and building some time and heading to Asia or the Middle East if you really want to go abroad. Europe is an uphill slope right now.

You could also check out Copa in Panama but last I heard, they were talking about furloughs. Copa does hire foreigners though when they hire.