View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:10 AM
bozobigtop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Left seat of a Jet

Originally Posted by OpenClimb View Post
Someone asked Mr. Baffle himself about the flight attendant turnover in my recurrent ground school last summer. He acknowled a very high turnover rate (thinking he said 50%, but can't remember for sure) within the first year.

He acknowledged that this is a problem, but insisted that the solution was better screening of applicants and specifically said that more pay and better work rules was NOT in the cards for a solution.

Based on my personal experience, I believe the safety of our operation and the quality of our product are suffering as a result of the high turnover rate. Management won't care and won't lift a finger to fix the problem until it costs them more to lose them than to keep them. We're nowhere near that point, so don't expect a solution anytime soon.
I have never seen or witness any sort of company or industry turn anything around without offering better working conditions/more money. Many US employers should take lessons from overseas businesses in how to treat your most value assets, employees!