Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
SWA Bubba
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
+1. Man, I could not get through "Bubba"'s collection of illogic and non sequiturs.
That's strange--you'd think a doctor would know at least some Latin. Maybe not. "Non sequitur" means "does not follow," which of course does not apply to my post, regardless. It refers to a conclusion that doesn't logically derive from the available or presented evidence. I presented verifiable facts and statistics, but inferred no actual conclusion, which could therefore neither logically follow, nor "not follow." The facts and statistics I listed (since you didn't bother to list any) merely demonstrated that your conclusions failed to follow any known logic.

There are some medical topics that I'm not willing to professionally ostracize myself and go loudly against the medical groupthink, but fortunately as physicians we usually come around to more reasonable actions and understandings through trust in empiricism and evidence, etc.
Good one, Doc. You're a hoot. I guess personal insults ("cowboy mentality" and "fantasy world") falls under your definition of "reasonable actions." Or perhaps it's a "reasonable understanding."

And nice buzzword-rationalization in that paragraph; you must have copied that straight from a medical ethics text. The problem is that you actually listed no empirical data or evidence from which to arrive at those actions and understandings, reasonable or otherwise.

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
No more from me buddy, the crazies can clutch their p**is replacement in the cockpit before it is banned.
Ahh, more personal insults. What a surprise. You must be a hellava doctor. Great bedside manner, I'd bet:

Patient: "Doc, my chest hurts!"
CardioMD: "Screw you, gun nut!"

Remember Doc, it was you who invited a new thread to discuss this. You asked for scenarios and and information for an analysis. Nobody else--just you.

So I obliged your request. I started a new thread, actually answered your questions, listed verifiable facts, listed statistics, etc. And your response? Why to turn turtle, of course. Rather than address the glaring discrepancies between the actual facts and your personal prejudices, you chickened out and went back to heaping insults, and pretended that actually justifying your lack of logic was somehow beneath you or something. Then just go on to ignore.

You know, I don't actually personally know you as a doctor or anything, but let's see what I can infer so far, from your posts on this board:

- You appear to seek out precisely zero facts prior to drawing your conclusions. You then just present them as "obvious." Personal prejudices seem to guide your ideas, instead of logic and facts.
- You heap personal and pigeon-holing insults on everyone who holds differing opinions than you.
- You appear to have acted with moral cowardice, running away from a discussion that you yourself invited; opting instead just to fire off more personal insults as a response.
- On the plus side, however, you do seem to know a lot of buzzwords and catchphrases. You clearly don't know what they all mean, but boy, can you spout 'em.

Hey, all in all, I'm sold! Just what I'm looking for in a doctor! I really hope you take my airline's insurance, should up I ever have heart problems.

Bubba