Thread: DAL Poolie Info
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Twister
Indoc! Finally....

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: New Hire

Originally Posted by MTSUFlyer View Post
Hey anybody that was at the WAI conference last year, do you remember the magic number for recency of experience in the past 12 months? I remember AK gave a number but can't remember what it was. Got a buddy who thinks it is 100-200 of complex or maybe even turbine time in the past 12, but he can't remember for sure either.
Didn't go to the WAI conference but I asked the exact same question to Capt Kraby and here's what he sent me:

"Delta does not have an absolute number regarding recency but, in general, we use 100 hours of turbine time in the past 12 months as a yardstick. However, since many military pilots, especially those approaching retirement, are not in flying billets we take a very lenient approach towards this recency requirement IF the military pilot has previously logged a sufficient number of flight hours. However, if this lack of recency extends beyond 2-3 years then we suggest that the pilot regain his or her recency either in another military flying billet or with a regional airline prior to being considered by Delta.

Best regards,

Arnie"

Cheers!