View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 04:25 AM
Kepi
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

The conflict of interest is that Pratt Whitney investigated the engine and said it did not fail. When we were looking for the engine to investigate it, Pratt Whitney had it in Canada. After we filed a court order requested by the defense, Pratt Whitney shipped it to Michigan for my lawyer's expert to investigate it. When it was investigated by Aeroscope, I had a conference call with my lawyer and the investigator who said there was an obvious turbine wheel failure. That was the original turbine wheel which had 5000 hours on it. After Martinaire removed the turbine wheel for inspection, it failed 30 hours later. We believe there was a mistake in the reassembly of the turbine wheel by Martinaire. I don't have a problem accepting the truth if it was my son's fault. We are all human and make mistakes. I do have a problem if the NTSB blames spatial disorientation affected my son when this was not the case. Our lawyer is writing a letter to the NTSB to reopen this investigation in light of this new evidence of engine failure.