View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by JetJock16 View Post
BTW, now one knows if they've chosen the right road until they've retired and looked back.
By then, it is too late.

You have to look at your career proactively and make adjustments along the way. I was a RJ Captain looking at a six figure income and weekends off. I thought I was set for life. Then my airline was acquired but not merged. One of our firm orders is pictured your avitar. First came the threats, then the displacements, as our airplanes were transferred to your non union carrier.
After all; in the end, regardless of what industry you’re apart of, it's all just:

"Dumb Luck!"

Just enjoy the road where ever it may take you.
Enjoy my seat for less pay than I was earning. There is more to it than "dumb luck." There are Managers, Unions, and replacement pilots who think they got "lucky" to have your job. Until you have done the drive along I-20 to Atlanta with your belongings in a trailer and a training date for displacement, you do not understand.

I've moved on to another airline which I think will be a good thing. But, I wish things had worked out differently. Before SkyWest bought us I would have recommended a career in aviation to friends and helped a few guys get started. After SkyWest, GoJets and the like, I have told friends to stay away from this profession.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 07-30-2007 at 05:12 AM.