View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:11 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default 36

Originally Posted by SAABaroowski View Post
Im 26 I am pretty sure there are not 20,000 23 yr ol CAs at the regional level that will cause me and "me generation" to miss out and the industry "pass us by". Even if it takes me 10 years to get out of XJT I will only be 36....................I understand that at 36 making 50k a year is terrible, but thats if it takes me that long, and at this rate I doubt it will....................
By the time you are 36 if you haven't been a 121 jet captain for most of your career you could be viewed as bile by most airline hiring boards. Just because you might be flying a jet you shouldn't feel like you are building towards a resume that will be worth squat to an airline in the future.

I am not trying to be mean but if you left a 121 carrier for XJT it could spell doom for your airline hopes especially if the regionals start handing out RJ's to kids.

Pilot hiring is fickle. I watched as my resume became worthless due to the proliferation of turboprops. I predict that unless you are in your 20's and an RJ captain then you will be at a huge competitive disadvantage.

SkyHigh