View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Dumb Luck

Originally Posted by JetJock16 View Post
SkyHigh, you do have some valid points. My problem with you is when you start belittling pilots for choosing their profession. Everyone’s perception of scarifies are different, some think that spending 1 day away from home is an unimaginable scarifies. My point is, continue to show newbie pilots your side but don't belittle them.

BTW, now one knows if they've chosen the right road until they've retired and looked back. After all; in the end, regardless of what industry you’re apart of, it's all just:

"Dumb Luck!"

Just enjoy the road where ever it may take you.
Spoken like a true Peter Pan.

I often belittle newbie pilots because they love to use false logic and self delusional concepts to give themselves permission to do stupid things. They con their spouses, parents and self so that they can satisfy a selfish childish impulse.

Deeply embedded in a denial bliss they will shirk their husbandry and fatherly obligations in trade for getting to play pilot all day while ignoring the obvious.

They say things like:

You gotta do what you love.

Follow your heart.

And of course,

Just enjoy the road.

Those might be nice things to have printed on motivational calanders but they do little to help fill the bank account. Single people can do whatever they want so long as they do not burden anyone else.

SkyHigh