View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
Sure they are in their 30's however it seems obvious that it would be best by far to be a 30 something part 121 RJ captain then a part 135 jet guy. Don't ya think?

The cream of the pilot pool is and will continue to be RJ captains and military superstars. Both prove that they can take huge amounts of abuse and are willing and able to be a cog in the machine. A 121 jet captain has already proved that they can handle all the aspects of a 121 career. All that a learjet type can prove is that you can fly an ILS at 147 knots.

A big obstacle you will face in an interview will be "why did you leave an airline to fly for XJT'? Unless of course you are from Independence and can claim that you were laid off.

I am not trying to be mean here. My career was made irrelevant due to market changes that I didn't foresee. My aim is merely to get you to consider these things.

Skyhigh
Theres some confusion here, XJT is Expressjet Airlines, D.B.A as Continental Express, and Delta Connection, so I will be a "30 something RJ Capatain" from a 121 airline