View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 AM
afterburn81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320

I'm doing my type ride today and all through out training I have noticed a pretty weak turnout on classes. They are turning 2 classes a month in which it seems there is only about 15 people in each class. I have been hanging around Flight Safety for the past two months or so and I haven't really seen that many new faces.

To be perfectly honest I feel that ASA has a pretty good thing going on over here. I talk to people from all over the regionals and besides first year pay I think it is one of the better regionals to work for. Reasons being: They put you up in a really nice hotel for all of training ( 3 months single occupant). I have my own suite and so don't the 20 other people in my class. They pay your full guarantee (around 1500 a month). 19hr 1st year but second year is 34hr which is a pretty good jump. That is all expected to go up when the new contract goes through whenever that may be. They pay for all your training, which is what I hear far superior to a lot of training you get out there. Front you the money you need for uniforms and supplies. Your full benefits start 30 days after hire. In CAAS 2 weeks after hire (jumpseat on ASA when badged). Overall it's a pretty good environment that we are in here.

And no, this isn't just propaganda. Just some inside information that I was looking for when I was trying make a decision on who to go with. All I ever got was the negative side of things.