Thread: LOA and Age 60
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by ConnerP View Post
I haven't heard anyone on the street say a NO vote is retaliation for age 60 but I have heard plenty say the LOA is a dog.

Your quote above is exactly the point. JL is doing his job. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN.... JL is doing his job.

How many guys have you heard refer to JL as "a straight shooter" or "a stand up guy" or "one of the guys" or say that they "trust him"? The company thinks he has our ear because... HE DOES.

The problem is that JL is "the company". He is not "one of us"!
After all, does he or does he not sit across from us at the negotiating table? That is part of his job. Another part must be to sell us this LOA by negotiating directly with the membership via e-mail.

The phrase "my negotiating committee speaks for me" was not a FedEx original. It means for the company to negotiate at the bargaining table and not directly with the membership. It does not mean that the membership will automatically rubber stamp whatever the NC brings to them.

I'm out-
Conner
Spot ON...while JL's post are very condenscending and threatening at times, he's playing his "mgt role" beautifully (...although sadly)....the beef we all need to have is the apparent complicity between our MEC, NC and Mgt in trying to sell us this sub-standard LOA via this all-or-nothing, brinksmanship approach. We must stand up, vote "NO" --- unfortunately, they have allowed this to get much bigger then the current LOA.