View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:53 AM
N19906
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Q400, B-737

So, I talked to a CA yesterday that went to a roadshow. He had time to kill, so he sat there for a few hours and listened to everybody else's questions, as well as having some of his own.
He said he couldn't identify a single standout positive thing in the TA. There were two things that might make life a bit better, (some of the reserve rules being one), but that was it.
People tore it to pieces.
There are many holes in the language big enough to drive trucks through. A lot of the language isn't finalized, the union reps said things like "this is how we expect it to read...".
When they first sat down and mentioned the jet pay scale, (that we have in the current contract), the reps said the company stood up and walked away. They said they would never agree, a complete non-starter.
When questionable parts were pointed out, all the reps could do was shrug and concede. "But it was the best we could do...", "we think it'll turn out this way..."
Failure.
What really torques me off on the union side is the fact that if you change your mind, you can't change your vote. After the earnings call tomorrow on the AirGroup's 2015 results, I think there'll be some buyer's remorse from early "yes" voters.
Historically, this has been a good place to work, as far as regionals go. The future? We'll see, but I've been in such a black mood recently...