View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 01:03 PM
RadialGal
Airborne bus driver

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: my seat smells funny

I just can't see any way the NTSB would risk God only knows what kind of wrath to cover up something as obvious as a Hot section turbine failure for a little company like Martinaire. Even P&W would be small potatoes to take a risk like that. A failed turbine blade is VERY obvious and I would imagine, impossible to cover up.

Some of what you say makes sense, other stuff does not. When you talk about the turbine failure, you keep talking about the wheel being being "inches away." Inches away form what?

A prop windmilling is different than a prop turning under power. They mean drastically different things.....you mention the prop "had" to be turning when it hit the ground. Do you believe it was powered at the time? I think some of us are unclear of your concerns. You keep mentioning a different borescope inspection. Did you have it performed, your lawyer?

We aren't saying that you are right or wrong in your beliefs. Just trying to figure out what HARD evidence you have, who provided it to you, and what the NTSB's response was.

Again, sorry for your loss.

RadialGal