View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:19 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by codycm
I am kind of new at all this but, I am a military guy that will have 2500TT, all multiengine (1000 KC-135/B707 and 1500 T-1/BE40). I will have 1500 PIC when all is said and done. If I can't get a job at the majors (I am assuming something is wrong if I can't), then should I go commuters or fractional? Which commuter is best for long-term work and benefits? I have heard good things about SkyWest and it looks like I should steer clear of Mesa. What is everyone's opinion? Which fractional is best? What is everyone's opinion.
Like you said, it looks like you have enough time to go to a major. If you can't get hired by one then you need to self-elvuate and find out WHY.

It appears that lack of time would not be the reason, but if you decide you need some more glass total time or just 121 experience, then any regional with lots of RJ's will do, so you would pick Skywest/ASA or Air Wisconsin depending on whether you want to live east or west. These are both top-notch employers and hiring.

However...if you think you need more turbine PIC, then you want to stay away from good companies because their pilots don't want to leave and you'll be an FO for years and years. In that case Mesa and Chatuaqa are both hiring.

There are obviously other regionals but many are in BK or downsizing right now.

If you have some kind of background issue, puting some time between you and the event might help, so you would probably want to go to a good company (in case you get stuck at the regional level).

Last edited by rickair7777; 03-04-2006 at 09:26 AM.