View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 03:56 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by andrewtac View Post
That doesn't make sense (above); what if everyone in those countries live on the coast.
They don't, and you're arguing for arguing's sake. I think you get the point.

If you want to take the time to determine world population by city by elevation and do the calculations, be my guest, as previously stated. Again, READ.

Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post

It's already been done.
Then by all means, show it.

Denser air holds more water. If you've ever owned an air compressor you would know this because the tank of an air compressor must be drained often to ensure the inside does not rust.
I'm a practicing A&P mechanic and have been for more years than you've likely been alive. I drain a compressor frequently. The compressor, however, doesn't takeoff, climb to a high altitude, and refresh the air contained within it from a dry source at FL350.

Making a comparison between your air compressor operating at sea level and pressurizing an airframe at altitude is flawed and nonsensical. Pressurizing does not create humidity nor moisture. Think about it. At altitude, where do you think that air is coming from?

In a shop compressor, why does condensation occur? Think about it.

A shop compressor increases pressure, which rises and falls repeatedly as tools utilize the air, which is then pumped back up to a cut-out pressure, again and again.

In an airframe, dry air is continuously pumped through the structure while pressurized to a given value, changing the air every few seconds to minutes, and is continually being released while maintaining a given differential pressure value (which is quite low; far lower than your sea level shop compressor.

You really want to make a comparison between a 6 psid airplane utilizing dry bleed air at altitude and your 80-120 psi compressor at home?

Didn't say that they did. However most newer composite aircraft have many more electronics than their predecessors. In fact I can't think of a single one that doesn't. The 787 is the easy example, and it has far more electronics than its predecessor: the 767. Almost everything on the 787 is electric.
As is everything on an airbus, for the most part. Corrosion is greater on composite airplanes, is it? Condensation greater? Electrical corrosion? You're guessing this, or it's based on a lifetime of maintenance experience?